Outstanding choice of shoe for horses recovering from various back, leg and hoof issues. A softer, shock absorbing shoe offers relief and promotes a quicker recovery. The shoe has been used extensively for over 20 years in different rehab situations with great success.
Öllöv shoes dampen maxload, forces that horses are exposed to when it moves, even on soft surfaces like grass and fiber. This, according to a study in 2019 by professor Lars Ropestorff, done using the OBST of the Öllöv SoftStep compared to Steelshoe. Se film about this study or read more below.
Intermittent lameness can be helped by providing comfort for the horse and that is something Öllöv shoes can provide.
Press the links below to read more
- Öllöv Soft Step Slidingphase on fibersand and cement -Bachelor Thesis Chalmers University of Technology – spring2018
- Öllöv SoftStep reduction of shock and vibration – Bachelor Thesis Chalmers University of Technology – spring 2018
- Öllöv Original slidingphase – SLU -Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences 1996-1998
- Final report Öllöv Prof. Roepstorff 2020
- Ground Reaction Forces References Öllöv study prof. Roepstorff. Roepstorff